Hatch Green Chile and Black Bean Soup Recipe
This Hatch Green Chili and Black Bean soup is ready in less than a half hour, and is a deliciously filling weeknight meal that packs a nutritional punch. It also makes great leftovers!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 4 Cans Black Beans, drained
- 1 16 ounce Carton Vegetable Stock
- 2 Medium Hatch Chilies, diced May substitute poblano, jalapeno, Anaheim, or canned chilies, or a combination of these.
- 1 Large Onion, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes Optional
Saute chiles and onion in a stock pot over medium heat until soft.
Add garlic and saute for one minute longer.
Add black beans and stock.
Add salt, black pepper, and red chili if using.
Bring to a simmer and simmer for ten minutes.
Puree using a hand blender, or pour soup carefully into a regular stand blender. Be very careful - soup is hot!
Serve hot, and top with more diced onion and chili, goat cheese, yogurt, sour cream, or other desired topping.