Creamy Vegetarian Chicken Soup with Wild rice
This Creamy Vegetarian Chicken Soup with Wild Rice is such a satisfying meal. It's creamy, with a slightly nutty quality from the wild rice. It also packs a nutritional punch!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 8 cups
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, diced
- 3 Whole Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Stalks Celery, diced
- 2 Cups Wild Rice Blend I used Whole Foods Wild Rice Blend, but you could use any.
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 Tablespoons No Chicken Bouillon
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary or 2 tsp dried
- 1 Sprig Fresh Thyme or 1 tsp dried
- 6 Cups Water
- 1 Package Beyond Meat Grilled Chicken Strips Or about 8-12 ounces chicken substitute.
Prepare wild rice according to package instructions.
In a large stock pot over medium heat, saute onion, carrots, and celery until softened.
Add garlic and saute for one minute.
Add water and 3 tablespoons no chicken bouillon.
Keep the stock pot over medium heat, and allow vegetables to simmer while you proceed to the next step.
In a separate, small sauce pan melt 2 tablespoons butter.
Whisk in flour until a paste has formed.
Slowly whisk in milk, a few tablespoons at a time, until the mixture is thick and creamy.
Add frozen chicken strips and wild rice and stir them in.
Reduce heat to low on the stock pot. Slowly stir the milk mixture in a few tablespoons at a time.
Add fresh rosemary and thyme.
Serve hot, preferably with crusty bread!