White Bean and Chicken Vegan Chili Recipe
This White Bean and Chicken Vegan Chili Recipe is SO easy. Throw it together, come back in a few hours & enjoy a delicious, spicy bowl of comforting chili.
- 6 Cans White Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 2 Cups Mixed Peppers, diced I use a combination of poblanos, jalapenos, banana peppers, habaneros, and anaheims. These were what I was able to get fresh at the market. Any combination of pepper will work, though, and if you prefer things less spicy, I would suggest using one poblano, and the rest as simply bell peppers.
- 2 Cups Diced Yellow Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Fresh Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Cup Canned Tomatoes
- 16 Ounces Vegetable Broth
- 8 Ounces Beyond Meat Chicken Strip Substitute Optional. May also use any other veggie chicken substitute you prefer.
In a large stock pot over medium heat, saute peppers and onions until soft.
Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
Add beans, and stir to combine.
Add canned tomatoes and vegetable broth.
Add salt, pepper, cumin, and oregano.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for at least two hours, or until broth reduces and the chili starts to thicken.